OrthotiCare Clinics – Lower Limb Bracing
About Our Knee Braces, Knee-Ankle, Ankle-Foot & Ankle Orthoses
At OrthotiCare Clinics, we provide a full range of custom-made and pre-fabricated (off-the-shelf) Lower Limb Orthoses. It is important to have the highest standard of care possible when treating conditions of the knee, ankle and foot. Tim Miller, Certified Orthotist is highly qualified in this area of orthotic care and he has over 24 years of experience treating patients of all ages, including those with complex medical diagnoses.
Knee Braces, Knee Orthoses (K.O.)
We have many designs for knee braces that benefit patients who require improved stability or unloading. We provide orthotic treatment options for osteoarthritis, knee instability, ACL/PCL/MCL/LCL injury and post-operative rehabilitation.
There are two broad categories of knee braces: stability and unloading. We offer both categories of knee braces, in both custom-made and pre-fabricated (off-the-shelf) designs.
An initial clinical assessment is always performed in order to recommend the most appropriate knee brace solution. The highest quality materials and technology available are used for the manufacture of our knee braces. We custom design, fabricate and fit our knee braces – and we offer an included follow-up period for adjustments as needed. In this way, we ensure that the optimal function, fit and comfort are achieved for our patients.
We Offer a Trial Knee Brace Program
For patients with osteoarthritis-related knee conditions, a professional clinical assessment and fitting of a trial knee brace is available. After a two-week trial period, a follow-up assessment is done to determine if relief from osteoarthritis pain was achieved and if a new pre-fabricated (off-the-shelf) or custom-made knee brace is appropriate for treatment. The decision to proceed with a knee brace is then made in collaboration with the patient and their physician or medical specialist.
To inquire about our Trial Knee Brace Program or to Book an Appointment:
Nanaimo (250) 753-0315
BC Toll-free 1-855-753-0315
Knee-Ankle-Foot Orthoses (K.A.F.O.)
Our custom Knee-Ankle-Foot Orthoses (K.A.F.O.) provide better stance control for patients who need more stability than an ankle-foot orthosis (A.F.O.) or a knee brace can supply. These are made specifically for an individual’s needs. The patient and the Certified Orthotist determine the custom design of the KAFO together, to achieve the improvements required.
Ankle-Foot Orthoses (A.F.O.) & Ankle Orthoses
Our custom Ankle-Foot Orthoses (A.F.O.) and Ankle Orthoses benefit patients who need a functional solution, for ankle stability and function, that will fit into a shoe or boot.
Some of the many Lower Limb Orthotic Treatments we provide:
Knee Braces, Knee Orthoses
- We specialize in Custom Knee Braces (including ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL, Osteoarthritis, Unloading & more)
- Trial Knee Braces, for Osteoarthritis
- Pre-fabricated (off-the-shelf), Custom-modified and Custom-fitted Knee Braces
- Custom and Pre-fabricated (off-the-shelf) Knee Braces for Sports Use
- Neoprene Knee Sleeves, Basic Knee Sleeves
- Patella Stabilizer Orthoses, hinged, stabilized
- Post-operative Knee Braces, Immobilizers, Partial Range of Motion Braces
- Knee Cage braces (including articulated)
- Knee Brace Undersleeves, Liners, Straps, Covers
- Knee Brace Refurbishing, Joint Coating, Joint Pads
- Knee Brace – Clinical Assessments
- Polar/Cold Orthotic Treatment Products
Knee-Ankle-Foot Orthoses (K.A.F.O.)
- Knee-Ankle-Foot Orthoses
- Stance Control K.A.F.O.s
- Reciprocating Gait Orthoses (including with Isometric Hip)
Ankle-Foot Orthoses (A.F.O.) and Ankle Braces
- Rigid Ankle-Foot Orthoses
- Articulated Ankle-Foot Orthoses
- Custom Clamshell Ankle-Foot Orthoses
- Energy Storage Return (ESR) Ankle-Foot Orthoses
- Anterior Ankle-Foot Orthoses
- Plantar Fasciitis Night Splints
- Submalleolar or Supramalleolar Orthoses
- Ankle Lacers, Ankle Braces, Ankle Stirrups
- Metatarsus Abductus Orthoses
- Walking Cast Boots, short or tall (for fracture care)
- Braces for Drop Foot (in a range of prices)
- WalkAide System (for A.F.O. function)
We provide Lower Limb Orthotic Treatments for patients with conditions such as:
Cerebral Palsy (CP)
Knee ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL injury, pre and post-surgical
Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Sports Injury (or for injury prevention)
Traumatic Nerve Injury